- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey giblets, chopped
- 1 dozen shucked oysters
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a skillet, sauté the celery with the onions until the onions are translucent.
- In a large bowl combine the crumbled cornbread, cooked celery, cooked onions, giblets, oysters, parsley, basil, salt, paprika, dried sage and nutmeg. Toss well.
- Beat the 2 eggs. Add the eggs and chicken stock to the stuffing mixture.
- Stuff stuffing in turkey’s cavity.
- Remove stuffing promptly once turkey is cooked.
- Alternatively, the stuffing can be baked separately in a large casserole dish.
- Bake it in a preheated 350 F (175 degrees C) oven approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.