- 1 pound clams in shell, scrubbed
- 8 medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1/2 pound unpeeled large shrimp
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth (optional)
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 loaf french bread
- Place potatoes in a layer in the bottom of a large pot.
- Cover with a layer of clams, then mussels, and finally shrimp.
- Pour in the vermouth and enough chicken broth to fill the pot halfway.
- You may not need all of the broth, depending on the size of your pot.
- Cut half of the butter into cubes and place on top of the seafood.
- Cover with a lid, and seal tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully remove the foil and lid.
- Remove the seafood and potatoes from the liquid to serve.
- Melt 1/2 remaining butter and divide into 4 individual dishes for dipping.
- Serve with the rest of the butter and french bread.