- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut fillets
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram, for garnish
- Mix together grapefruit juice, olive oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a shallow glass dish.
- Add fish and turn once to coat both sides. Cover dish.
Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning once or twice.
Preheat barbecue or gas grill:
- Reserve marinade and place fish in lightly oiled wire basket.
- Place fish 4 to 6 inches above hot coals.
- Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and brushing twice with reserved marinade, until steaks are barely opaque in thickest part.
- Arrange on a platter, scatter grapefruit sections around steaks and garnish with sprigs of marjoram.