- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 calamari tubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked shrimp meat
- 1/2 pound cooked crabmeat, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups milk
- 10 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Rinse the calamari tubes and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, stir together the onions, 6 cloves of the garlic, shrimp, crabmeat and lemon juice.
- Spoon some of this mixture into each squid tube and seal the ends by 'sewing' with a toothpick.
- Arrange in a single layer in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Cook and stir until cream cheese has melted.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Cook until heated through and remove from the heat to stir in parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Pour mixture over all of the calamari tubes in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of romano cheese on top of each one.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is browned and sauce is bubbly.
- While the calamari is baking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Serve the stuffed calamari and sauce over a bed of linguine.